Sunday, March 9, 2008

Color Correction

A couple of weeks ago I asked my adoring public for help. I think it was because of my short deadline that you all were of NO HELP, and I went ahead and picked Loyal Blue as my dining room color. Look at the disastrous results:





All I can say is . . . gooooooo cougars! WHAT WAS I THINKING???? I think it was the flu bug messing with my mind.

So, Carlos went snow goose hunting in Arkansas this weekend (what a redneck!!!!!) I decided to play "While you were out." So after I put the kids to bed and night I taped and painted. After several coats of paint I think this is much better!





I mentioned that I had to tape and paint at night because this is what happened when I tried to tape during the day. But look at that face, how could I possibly be mad!



If you cannot see, Charlie took a pencil to the wall.

As a follow up to the painting story, when Carlos got home last night he walked past the dining room at least 10 times and did not even notice the DRASTIC color change. When he took the trash out to the curb he noticed the paint can I stashed in the garage. It was then he asked me if I painted anything. I lost it at that point because he was standing in front of the dining room as he asked. He was delighted with the change, and is even up for the challenge of all the touch up work!

13 comments:

Johnson said...

Looks good Heather. Charlie is such a cute little guy. It is funny how unobservent guys are sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...one word....green. Refer to your blog entry below to get full impact of my one word. Ha ha ha

Ammo said...

LOVE IT HEATHER! It's very you and GREEN!

FriscoFour said...

I didn't think the first was disastrous, but I do like the color correction. We're in the middle of painting, too. Bathrooms are a nightmare! Funny because Tyler does the same kind of thing when he can find any writing utensil and some unsupervised time! Anything that writes automatically becomes his.

Teresa said...

Paint choice #2 is very nice, and good for you getting it taped and painted yourself! You probably already know this, but Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work great for getting pencil off of walls!

Hedderg said...

Teresa, ha ha ha magic eraser is exactly what I used. I also heard used dryer sheets work well also. Thanks for the props. I am feeling quite accomplished getting it done myself!

Wendy said...

You are quite an adventurous, tackling a painting project when the kids are in bed and hubby gone out rednecking. That's my TiVo and ice cream time!

Kari said...

I actually really liked the blue...

Libby said...

Wow, that was ambitious! But I have to say it was definitely an improvement. I love that Carlos didn't even notice. Typical male. Brandon would have done the same thing. :)

Kari said...

I tagged you, so you better check out my blog.

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Hey I actually liked both. I think the lighter color will be easier to live with. Sometimes I get sick of the bolder colors faster. I think you did a great job and you should make me dinner to celebrate your new dining room color. :)

Dani said...

I love the new color and way to go doing it yourself! Don't you just love projects like that! :)

shanni said...

Looks great Heather. Isn't paint great! I love it! Okay so somewhere in the past few months while having a baby I missed the reason you left your other house on the lake. Just time for a change?