Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yesterday

Yes we are still alive, and surviving a sultry Georgia summer! We have stayed busy busy busy with play dates, trips to the swimming pool and whatever else we can think of to stay cool and have fun!

Yesterday I hauled myself and the kids to the gym. Afterwards I decided to make a quick stop by the gas station to pick up a Gatorade and a little treat for the kiddos. As we were checking out I noticed the lady in front of us looking over the kids, and then me. Because of my fair skin and blue eyes, and the dark brown color of the kids hair and eyes I get this a lot. I KNEW what was coming next. She said, "they are beautiful. . . are they yours?" I of course reply, "yes, thank you. We think so too!" But I could tell that was not going to be enough with this lady, so I felt compelled to add, "they take after their father." That seem to satisfy her and she was on her way.

Minutes later as I was strapping the kids into their car seats, she approached me again and said, "I only asked about the kids because I did not think you were old enough to have children. I thought you were a teen-ager." NOT EXPECTING THAT! I quickly let her know that she made my day, and that at 32 I was definitely old enough to have kids. I immediately called Carlos to tell him the story! She really did make my day yesterday. . .come to think of it today also!

4 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

I would definitely be ok with someone saying THAT to me!

Caroline said...

awesome :)

Unknown said...

That's hilarious, after our little talk about age yesterday! I'm stoked we are official "blogger friends" now. ;) I wish I had known you are a fellow Twilight fan...I would have gone with you to the midnight release party! I wasn't brave enough to go by myself, so I just bought it the next morning. I'm a slow reader, though, so don't give me any details if you finish before me!

Lindsey said...

LOL- that cracks me up. You were probably internally rolling your eyes thinking "Here we go again!" and she was ready to pay you a compliment! :)