Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why I cried myself to sleep last night

I have never been able to give Abby a real hair cut. I have always loved her baby ringlettes.




But after three and a half years of growth it was time. The bottom 4-5 inches of her hair had become impossible to brush through, causing tears every time I would try to tame that mane. I finally admitted she was looking a bit ragged, and the truth of the matter is that she never wore her hair down because it no longer looked cute.

So yesterday she started the day off looking like this:


And ended up looking like this:


Once we got all the dead ends cut off it was MUCH shorter than I intended. I spent all evening on the verge of tears, but waited until she went to bed to loose it! Luckily she loves her new haircut, and tells me how beautiful she looks. She is so adorable!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks heavens her hair is still curly! She Does look beautiful. Good job.

Hansen's blog said...

Abby would look beautiful even without hair! Her cut is very cute.

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I would cry too. Her face is so beautiful we barely notice the hair! :)

Teresa said...

I especially love that first photo of Abby in your blog. Such a beautiful girl, and I love her spunky curls. You did a great job, Heather!