Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Sunday

There are so many things I love about Conference Sunday:

1. You are allowed to wear your PJ's all day! It is now 3:30pm and yes Charlie is still in his jammies.





2. We get to stay home all day, and not be expect to go anywhere (which is especially nice for me because Spring in Georgia does terrible things to my allergies!) This is our backyard today. We had no idea that we had flowering dogwood trees. Beautiful and deadly!





3. Cookies. Abby and I have a tradition of making cookies together on Conference Sunday. This is what happens when your 3-year-old takes control of the speed on the mixer! We had a nice dusting of flour everywhere, but the cookies are sure tasty!




4. Conference. I got a bit misty as Abby stood with our family to sustain our new prophet yesterday.



I love these inspiring talks, and more importantly the spirit I feel in our home. Hope many of your are enjoying your Conference weekend also!

8 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Conference weekend is one of my favorites too.
Love your post below. I hadn't heard about your friend. I went and checked out her site. What a touching life. Thanks for sharing.

What are you doing this week? Want to come over? I need to get your cake pans and pattern back to you. Thanks so much for the loners. Kar's party was a blast. Thanks to you and your party planning skills. Give me a call or I'll call you.

Teresa said...

You have some wondeful General Conference weekend traditions. (We did the pajama one, too!) I agree that standing in our home to sustain our new prophet was emotional and beautiful. I love Conference weekend. Looks like you do, too!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I wear my pj's til 3 everyday. Is there something wrong with that? :)
I make cinnamon rolls every conference Sunday. Its been a tradition since I was born I think. I think my mom didn't do it once and boy did she feel the wrath! I've already been warned that they are a MUST at conference time.

Matt Haroldsen said...

cuz!!!! what's up!! I am so happy that you have a blog. your kids are way too cute!!

Libby said...

I love Conference weekend too. I might have to steal the cookie making tradition. I grew up with a big brunch between sessions on Sunday, but I haven't figured out if I want to go to all that trouble yet.

Kari said...

The rat tail is GONE! He said that if I'd shaved his head, I could shave the tail too.

Kat Rose said...

I agree, I agree, I agree! Conference week-end should be atleast every 3 months instead of 6.

Wendy said...

What a fun cookie tradition for conference. Ever since we got BYU TV, I LOVE conference weekend too! Especially the talk by Elder Ballard to moms with young kids.