Saturday, September 27, 2008

County Fair

The Coweta County Fair is a pretty big deal around here, so I talked Carlos into taking the kids this afternoon. Today was the bovine competition, so were a LOT of cows, big belt buckles and boots! Funny, but I don't think we got one picture of a cow!

I pretty much think the kids were in heaven.


We asked Abby to pose for the picture and she decided to kiss the chick. Cute, and a little gross.



Charlie was delighted to find an egg in this chicken cage. While I had my head turned to take the picture he reached in and picked it up. OUPS!


The highlight of the fair was the nasty stinky petting zoo. Here are the kids feeding the rams.



This camel was VERY aggressive and bit Carlos's finger when trying to take the entire cup of food from his hand. Charlie, like with all things in his life, had no fear and stuck his entire hand in the camel's mouth.


And here is my "Oh so cautious" Abby.


I don't think I have ever seen a Kangaroo at a petting zoo.




Abby has this thing lately of naming things. Watch and witness.


And what fair experience would be complete without cotton candy? Don't worry, we all washed our hands SEVERAL times, and used germ juice (anti-bacterial) as backup!





What a fun day!

7 comments:

Julie said...

I love the cute picts of you and Abby and Carlos and Abby at the end! Love it! And Ruby loved the fair too!

Heidi Totten said...

Totally unrelated, but when I pulled up the first picture it looked like you had your tooth blacked out. I thought, "Why would she have her tooth blacked out?" And then I realized it was a black fleck on my screen. I just thought that was funny. :P

I love fairs. I don't love stinky animals!

Kat Rose said...

There is nothing like the county fair! Looks like fun.

Wendy said...

My favorite part of the fair is people watching. Where are these people the rest of the year? Not even our local WalMart caters to that crowd. Very entertaining indeed.

Libby said...

Oh, the germs, the germs! You've got some sneaky kids--kissing chicks and grabbing eggs. Isn't it a good thing kids don't know about germs? How could you have fun at the fair if you did? :)

Julie said...

Love the county fair. We have taken our kids to the Indiana State Fair for the past two years and they love it more than any other trip. I'm sure eating all that junk food probably has somethig to do with it.

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

My kids always choose the stinkiest animals as their favorites, too. Germ-X is our friend. (And I kinda' think the chick kissing pic. is CUTE.)