Thursday, February 14, 2008

HELP!

The house we are moving into is one color. Any of you that have been to my current house know I love love love to decorate with different colors. I often reference the movie Fools Rush In and say, "My people love color!"

Back to the new house. It was built as a spec home, so I picked out a very nice neutral color, and it is wall to ceiling. http://sherlink.sherwin.com RAMIE

Because we don't plan on living in this house forever we don't want to put too much into it, but Carlos has agreed to paint the dining room. I am a little stumped.

My last dining room was Red Bay. So I don't want another red dining.

I am thinking maybe blue. Loyal Blue to be exact. Has anyone else seen a dining room they loved recently? The room has really beautiful trim white trim 1/3 the day up the all with judges panels. Any other ideas or suggestions? I've gotta decide tomorrow. Any input to would great!

8 comments:

Kari said...

Yes, I'm following you around in this world of technology. Hopefully you don't mind! I feel a lot like Fools Rush In with the colors...maybe I overdid it. I guess it's all about trying things out and learning what you like. I don't really have any advice when it comes to painting your dining room, but I have read that blues help from having an apetite, and reds and greens help you to have an appetite. I guess it has something to do with the fact that no foods are blue. I don't know if you think that's interesting or not. Feel free to throw that info right back. :)

Hedderg said...

Kari, of course I don't mind. I have stalked you a bit myself! So what you're saying is that I just need to paint my kitchen and dining rooms blue and I will get skinnier. Sound like a good idea to me!

Lindsey said...

I love royal blue (and loyal blue)and did my dining room in that color. Kind of wish I was still living there to enjoy it. I added you and your hub to my friends on facebook. Where are you moving?!?

The Thomas Family said...

Heather you have great taste. I'm sure the fianl product regardless of the color will look great. :)
By the way when are you moving? We want to help.

Vanessa said...

Love your new background!

Hedderg said...

Jen, the big move is on Saturday. I think the guys are starting nice and early at 8am!

Shannon said...

oh bummer i didn't read this until today. i'm dying to see what you decided on. blue is so fashionable right now so i hope you decided to go for it!!! :)

Teresa said...

I have no talent for choosing paint color, but am chiming in to say that I hope you'll post pictures of the finished product!