Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chattanoooooooga

We had such a fun day yesterday.

The one and only Shannon West was in Chattanooga, TN for a Stamp It Up Conference. Since I can barely remember the last time I was able to see her, it was a no brainer. . . we were going to drive up to see her. It was so great to see her, but it made me realize how much I miss my great friend! She is like an injection of crazy fun energy!

BTW: Shannon is single, MIND BLOWING I KNOW! So if any of my blogosphere readers has an awesome brother or friend you would like to set up let me know (Georgia would be preferable so she could live closer to me!). Problem is trying to catch this busy lady. With her awesome job she is constantly flying off to Australia, Canada, Tennessee, ect.

After catching up with Shannon we went to the Tennessee Aquarium. I know Atlanta has the biggest aquarium in the country, but bigger is not always better. I really love this one because it is so family friendly and so much less crowded.

Look, Nemo is all grown up with a family.

Just look how much fun Charlie is having!

The touch tank. Abby was all about it, but Charlie chickened out last minute.


Looks like that alligator is sizing Charlie up for lunch.

Just the girls.

The butterfly garden was Abby's favorite part of the day. She is literally the BUTTERFLY WHISPERER! From the moment we walked into the room the girl just had to stick out her finger and butterflies would just land there. It was AMAZING, and she LOVED it!

Charlie on the other hand scared them all away with his yelling and grabbing at their wings. He was getting really upset that his sister was having all the fun, so Mama Bear had to step in. I finally coaxed one onto my finger, and ever so carefully transferred it on to Charlie's. Here we are slowly walking over to dad to prove it happened.

He could not have been happier!

3 comments:

Eve said...

No wonder she's single- she travels a lot, but she could find a hottie Aussie! I love those accents. The Man from Snowy River *sigh*

Shannon said...

Eve--you know it! Hugh Jackman? Eric Bana? yes please! haha

Hedder thanks for all the nice things you said. I am sooooooooo glad we had time to meet up. Seriously it was wonderful for me to spend QT w/the Gonzalez family. We should start making a goal to at least get together once a year. :)

Miss you already!

Holly Kolvig said...

OK Heather We have got to talk!!! I love Shannon West, I did not know you knew her and you're friends. I met her at a Stampin' Up Regionals.

Wow small world!