Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nutcracker Birthday Party

When Abby informed us that she wanted a Nutcracker Birthday Party, I got a little excited with the possibilities!

What Nutcracker party would be complete without a bunch of ballerinas? So Abby and I made tutus for all her little girl friends.



Here is Abby waiting at the front door for her friends to arrive.


Once everyone was here we walked through the Nutcracker story, but made it into a scavenger hunt. There was the holiday party where they found a toy with their name on it, next they found their sword (candy cane) to fight off the mouse king. We also visited the enchanted forest, the castle, and were visted by the Sugar Plum Fairy. (We took some major liberties with the story.)








Here are all the ballerinas with their bags of loot from the scavenger hunt.


Next the girls painted their very own nutcracker. It didn't end up too messy. And our little ballerinas were REALLY into it!






Thanks to everyone for helping make Abby's birthday week so fun and memorable!

8 comments:

Kari said...

cute tutus!

Ammon and Becky Sullivan said...

Nice work Heather. It obvious you are wayyyy more creative then I am!
love ya

The Thomas Family said...

How fun! Happy b-day Abby. Love the tutus!
I hope Charlie is feeling better from his run in with a stocking holder. OUCH! Since seeing that on your blog I've been paranoid of Noah doing the same thing. Poor Charlie.

Eve said...

Wow, that looked so fun from the girls' end, and so busy from yours. No wonder about not emailing that night; I hope the signs were okay by the way.

Karen said...

Wow! That has to be the cutest birthday party I have ever seen! Amazing really. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa said...

Wow. You are simply amazing. What an awesome birthday idea and party for Abby. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Julie said...

Wow Heather. Can I borrow you and all your talents for Claire's next birthday. Right now the boys are happy with a mud puddle and a stick. Awesome party photos.

mk said...

Wow. That is seriously one of the best ideas I have ever seen! When I steal it one of these years, I PROMISE to give you credit!