Monday, June 16, 2008

My little fish. . . kindof

For the last two weeks Abby has been attending swimming lessons. I thought it would be a good way to let her get more confident in the water. Before the lessons it was hard to coerce her off the steps. The first week of lessons she cried the entire time we got her ready for lessons, the car ride over, and the entire 30 min lesson. I suspect Miss Tiler has had unhappy students like Abby in the past, because she ignored every tear and would just dunk her in the water!

As we started the second week the sobs and tears were not quite so severe, but present. The last two days of lessons I think she finally started having fun. She learned to pull herself out of the pool (handy for when she accidentally falls into the pool,) to kick, to scoop water, to blow bubbles and to go under water.

This weekend we went over to Aunt Claudia and Uncle Jared's house. If I knew then what I know now, I would have skipped the lessons and thrown Abby in the pool with Uncle Jared. Within 10 minutes he had her swimming to him from 6-10 feel away. I was amazed!








Notice Abby negotiating with the teacher. Then her cute friend tries to reassure her that it is fun. Miss Tiler finally gets tired of Abby's antics and ends up pulling her into the pool. Classic Abby!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Dangit! Tell Jared to come teach Hazel. She HATES the water.

Julie said...

Heather!!! I'm so excited I just found your blog. Your kids are so cute and you look great. E-mail me so we can catch up!!

Libby said...

I want Uncle Jared at my house too. HOW did he do that??? We've had little Abbys at our house, negotiating with teachers and trying to get out of everything as well.

Kat Rose said...

Such a good little swimmer. She looks so cute in her little suit.