Sunday, January 13, 2008

"So, you're like the janitor around here"

Sorry for the lack of blogging. Really, there is nothing noteworthy happening.

Yesterday it was once again our turn to clean the church (funny it always feels like our turn!) There were a couple other activities going on in the building at the same time. A little girl from our ward who is about nine walked in to the restroom and said, "Hey Heather, what are you doing?" My reply, "Cleaning the bathroom. It's my family's turn to clean the church." She thought about it for a minute and said, "so, you're like the janitor around here." I am telling you this is true devotion to a religion! I let her know that someday it would be her family's turn. She quickly said, "Um, no I don't think we will do that!" When I told Carlos that story, he said he was going to make sure her family would be assigned next week!

Months ago I blogged about how Abby told me she was going to use the potty when she was older, well she is older now. When we returned from Wichita she decided to train herself. WHAT A WONDERFUL THING! Due to her need to get to the bathroom, we decided that it was time to get her a big girl bed. She loves it! And another benefit is that we don't need an alarm clock any more, she is our daily wake-up call. Every morning we find her at the edge of our bed telling us to wake up!



Here are some other random pictures. They say it's never too early to teach your children to work, but this might be pushing it!



This kid is so helpful. Some of his favorites things in the world are my vaccuum and this broom. Why oh why do I buy toys?



Monday night we had a BCS Championship football party at our house. Baby Noel's parents were there. And since Abby has fully embraced dress-up play, she insisted that Noel put on one of her finest gowns. Noel went along with the dress-up (she is only 13 months.) I thought is was so cute I had to get a few photos.


1 comment:

The Thomas Family said...

So now you are down to one in diapers. How great is that! I can't wait!
Your kids are adorable.