Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Potty Training

Recently my friend Libby wrote about how she potty trained her daughter in a day. Sadly my efforts with Miss Abby have not gone so well. A couple of months ago we were doing really well with very few mistakes. But for some reason we have completely back slid! She refuses to use the potty entirely. We have tried bribes, praise, rewards, promises of dairy queen, taking away her prized pink blankies, and even punishment. NOTHING!!!!!!

Today I asked her why she didn't like the potty. Her reply was, "I am too little. I am only 2." I said, "Oh really, how old are you going to be when you use the potty." Her reply was, "ummmm, when I am 86." I could not help but laugh. I laughed even harder when Carlos pointed out at 86 is when she will need to wear diapers once again!

3 comments:

MAnderson said...

For your potty-training-needs, I posted a VERY helpful video yesterday that I think you and Carlos and Abby need to watch together and learn the song. I think THAT is what you've been missing.

GOOD LUCK!

Shannon said...

haha that is funny! how am i ever going to get packed when everyone has done such fun posts today!! (sigh)

Libby said...

Haha! Well, you've really only got about 20 more years of diapers. After that, her husband is just going to have to take over.