Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fabu Fourth!

I honestly think that the Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Just good clean summer fun!

Being the Texas girl that I am, I decided it was time to take on my first brisket. I pulled Carlos out of bed at 5am to get this hunk of meat started. It slow cooked/smoked all day to produce this heavenly mesquite favored masterpiece. All right all right, I learned a few things for next time around, but all in all it was SO yummy! I so wished I had a bottle of Rudy's sauce for the occasion!


Abby and I worked on a little project before our friends arrived to try their first brisket.

Aren't these the cutest?

These are our willing taste-testers!

We even got to see Papa Carlos for a while.

My kids love having a party and especially being outside!

What childhood is complete without sparklers?









And then we moved to the big bigger pyrotechnics!






Happy Birthday USA!

2 comments:

Bridgett Johnson said...

I loved the cupcakes. You've always been so good with yummy things to eat. You look great and your kids are adorable.

Krista said...

Just catching up with all of your summer posts. You all look wonderful and like you're having a great summer.

Your 4th of July food looks fab too! The cupcakes were adorable.