Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lucky Me!

I have had the greatest day!

I got to sleep in til 8:15am because Carlos got up with the kids. When I did get my lazy buns out of bed I was treated to a waffle breakfast. YUM YUM! Abby made me this masterpiece at school. Look closely and you can see the art it made from Abby's palm, finger and thumb prints. I love that she is old enough to make me art presents!



It only gets better from here!

Then my dear friend and old roommate Shona and her husband Brant arrived on my doorstep (OK, I knew they were coming.)



We spent most of the day together and just sitting around and visiting. Funny enough Carlos and Brant know each other from their missions. What a small world? It was so fun to just see them, and talk about what they are doing these days up in Portland. Although our lives have taken such different paths, fundamentally we are doing the very same things; working, running after two kids and just doing our best to be good people! Shona, if you ever read this. . . please please please come back soon! Love your guts!

This evening we went to Mamita's house for dinner. I don't think I have posted much about my in-laws, but let me just say they are the most easy-going people EVER. LOVE THEM. It was so nice to sit back and relax and have the kid run crazy around us. Charlie escaped the day without any major injuries, but we did find him playing in the litter box for Mamita's cat. YUCK!!!!

Mother's Day was a true delight, and now I am exhausted! Off to bed for me! :)

5 comments:

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Kids art is the best! What a treasure. I think having In-laws you love is such a blessing!
(so I noticed something interesting again. You and my cousin Amber both have a link to the same Halbrooks. I don't know them but you both do!)

Wendy said...

Hey Heather--you change your blog layout as much as you change your paint colors. Always cute. Sounds like a nice Mother's Day. Remember when sleeping in til 8:15 a.m. was way too early to wake up? My, how kids change things. I love your in-laws too!

Danielle said...

Heather - I love your hair - very flattering on you!!

FriscoFour said...

Very fun Mother's Day! Isn't it fun to catch up with old friends!?! I just saw one of my roommates from BYU Jerusalem this week. I went 13 years ago! Yikes....I think we're getting old. You look great!

Bridgett Johnson said...

It's so good to see Shona. I was wondering what she was up to. Does she have a blog? I think we all look just like we did in Provo. I can't believe we all have two kids and live all over the country. Say hi to Shona from me if you talk to her again. Heather you look beautiful.